kt's recipe box

Find here recipes from my box and books. Some are mine, some are not, but they are all ones that I love and I am keeping them here so that I don't lose them and so that I can share them with you =)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Black Bean & Mango Spinach Salad

KT original
serves 4

Ingredients
2 ripe mangoes, cut into long narrow strips
enough spinach for 4 people - I eyeball this, rinsed
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese 

Directions
1. Warm up beans and put 1/2 cup on each bed of spinach
2. Arrange 1/2 mango slices on top of the black beans & spinach
3. Top with pepper jack cheese to taste

Notes:
I try to make sure there's some juice from the mangoes or water from the beans & spinach to make sure the salad isn't too dry. Otherwise, you can add a bit of oil, but I don't think the salad needs it.

No comments: