kt's recipe box

Find here recipes from my box and books. Some are mine, some are not, but they are all ones that I love and I am keeping them here so that I don't lose them and so that I can share them with you =)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Black Beans

KT Original

1 cup dry black beans
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 - 1 Tablespoon cumin
1/2 - 1 Tablespoon oregano
1/2 - 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Soak black beans in the refrigerator overnight. Put in plenty of water. A good overall range is 6-18 hours of soaking. (It's not a problem if it's over 24 hours.)
2. In a 2-4 quart saucepan (I use four quart) combing the beans, plenty of water, onion and spices at medium heat. Do NOT add oil yet.
3. Boil for an hour or so.
4. Drain (do not rinse), transfer to a bowl and add olive oil. Stir to coat.
5. Beans can be stored for a week or so in the refrigerator.

No comments: