kt's recipe box

Find here recipes from my box and books. Some are mine, some are not, but they are all ones that I love and I am keeping them here so that I don't lose them and so that I can share them with you =)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Source: Annie's Eats (I think)

Ingredients:
2 cups & 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 Tablespoons (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & cooled until warm
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.5 cups-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (don't use milk-chocolate -- it's too sweet!)

Directions:
1. Adjust oven racks to upper & lower -middle positions. Preheat to 325 F. Use parchment paper
2. Whisk dry ingredients (EXCEPT sugar) in a medium bowl.
3. Mix sugar & butter, then beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Bake 11-14 minutes, do not overbake

No comments: