kt's recipe box

Find here recipes from my box and books. Some are mine, some are not, but they are all ones that I love and I am keeping them here so that I don't lose them and so that I can share them with you =)

Monday, August 8, 2011

Squash, Tomatoes, and Corn with Jack Cheese

Source: Gourmet Cookbook
Serves 6-8

3 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 small garlic cloves, minced
2 large tomates, halved, seeded and chopped
2 lbs. yellow summer squash or zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1.5 cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
2 cups coarsely grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 6 oz) - I use Pepper Jack to give it a little spice
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, squash, and corn, increase heat to moderate, and cook, stirring, until squash is tender, 10-12 minutes.

Reduce heat to low, stir in cheese, salt, and pepper, and simmer, covered, just until cheese is melted, about 30 seconds.



No comments: